Great journeys begin at EKU! Take the next step toward charting your course at Eastern Kentucky University. Admission eligibility is outlined below.
A student is considered a freshman at EKU, when he or she has:
- no previous college coursework, or
- completed college coursework prior to high school graduation, or
- earned 23 hours or fewer college credits since high school graduation.
The scholastic requirements for full admission* are:
- 2.5 grade point average (GPA), or
- 20 composite ACT or 950 SAT math and verbal combined score.
*All students must have a minimum high school GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and are expected to meet the college readiness standards in English, Reading and Math or enroll in courses as directed at the time of registration. Students who do not meet the requirement for full admission may seek enrollment through a Success First initiative .
To apply as a freshman:
- Complete the EKU online application - OR - Download and mail the application (PDF format).
- Submit payment for the $35 admissions processing fee.
- Provide an official high school transcript showing a minimum of six semesters of coursework at the time of admission and a final transcript post-graduation. Students who have earned 23 hours or fewer of college credit since graduating high school must also provide an official college transcript.
- Send official ACT or SAT scores and transcripts to the Office of Admissions.