EKU is committed to helping all students fulfill their dreams of earning a degree. The following information will assist students who plan to return to EKU navigate the reapplication process.
Students must apply for readmission if they previously attended EKU and meet the following conditions:
- Have attended another institution since leaving EKU, and
- Last attended EKU during a term that ended at least 24 months prior to the term applying to attend.
- Have previously graduated with a bachelors degree and are returning to complete an additional undergraduate degree or certificate.
Note: Students who have not attended another institution within the past 24 months but stopped attending EKU and were in good academic standing when they left do not require readmission. Contact your academic advisor within your major for advising and your registration access code (RAC).
Application deadlines are:
August 1 for Fall term
December 1 for Spring term
May 1 for Summer I
June 15 for Summer II
To apply as a readmitted student:
- Complete the EKU online application - OR - Download and mail the application (PDF format).
- Submit payment for the $35 admissions processing fee.
- Full admission granted with a cumulative EKU GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Academic probation status granted for students returning with a cumulative EKU GPA between 1.5 and 2.0.
- Readmission appeal is required through the Readmission Appeals Committee for returning students who left EKU with a cumulative GPA lower than 1.5. Submit a Readmission Appeals Form.