If you’ve served in the Armed Forces, you know that finding civilians who truly understand you can sometimes be challenging. At EKU we’ve “Got Your Six.” Eastern Kentucky University has consistently been ranked as the top Best for Vets: College in the nation by Military Times for the past 3 years and a top Military-Friendly university by GI Jobs Magazine five times.
EKU is proud of its 75+ year tradition of helping military, veterans, and their dependents achieve their academic dreams. If you're looking for a truly “military-helpful” university, EKU is the place for you. EKU’s Operation Veteran Success initiative provides the following benefits:
- Highly acclaimed one-stop-shop Veterans Success Center to serve all your transition needs,
- No application processing fee for undergraduate veterans or their dependents,
- In-state tuition for all Post 9-11 eligible military and veterans nationwide,
- Maximum credit hours for military experience documented on your Joint Service Transcript (JST),
- Priority (early) registration for classes to keep you on track to graduate,
- Military friendly withdrawal and readmission policy due to unanticipated deployment orders,
- Specially designated transition housing for student veterans, and
- Active Student Veterans of America Chapter – EKU VETS.
Has it been a while since you've been in school? Ask how you can become a part of EKU’s premier Veterans Bridge to College Success (VBCS) program that provides veteran-only course sections and a vet-specific Transition to College orientation course.
Are you wondering how you'll score on the ACT? Ask how you can take a placement exam to qualify for admission and gain entry through the VBCS program.
Also check out the first-of-its-kind Veterans Studies minor. No one has your “six” better than EKU.