Schedule a Visit
Now is a great time to experience all that Eastern Kentucky University has waiting just for you. Begin charting your journey by selecting from the exciting visit opportunities below.
Spotlight Days are held on the Richmond Campus on selected Saturday mornings during the fall and spring terms. Learn more about life at EKU and the college experience, meet with a panel of current EKU students who will share their "Eastern Experience," visit the academic/student services showcase to browse informational booths, take a campus tour, and mingle with faculty and staff from across the university.
2015-2016 Spotlight Days - Check In begins at 8:00am, program starts at 9:00am sharp.
October 17, 2015
- College of Justice & Safety Open House is also being held October 17th, 2015! Visit www.justice.eku.edu/openhouse for information & registration.
- The College of Health Sciences will be hosting an Open House for perspective students on October 17th, 2015, following Spotlight Day in the Moberly Gym. Please register by visiting http://health.eku.edu/open-house-registration or by contacting Jamie Woolery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-622-2090.
- October 31, 2015
- November 14, 2015
- December 5, 2015
- February 13, 2016
If you'd like to visit to EKU sooner, please select a date for a Weekday Campus Visit below.
Available year-round, the Weekday Campus Visit is a 2.5 hour campus experience designed to familiarize you with all the wonder majors and activities you can expect to become inolved with after you are admitted to the university. The visit includes an overview presentation followed by a combination walking and riding tour of campus lead by our student Admissions Recruitment Ambassadors.
- Tours are offered on most weekday mornings beginning at 9:30. During peak season visits begin at 9:00 am and 10:00 am.
- Tours are offered on select weekday afternoons beginning at 1:30.
- All weekday campus visits begin in Room 112 of the Whitlock Building. No fee parking is available in the Alumni Colesium parking lot nearby.
Plan now to experience one of EKU's Major Meetup events, and spend a full day on the Richmond campus. After completing our Weekday Campus Visit, you'll have the opportunity to meet with faculty and advisors from the college that interests you the most to learn more about various degree programs offered within the college.
Sign up for one of these dates:
- September 9, 2015, at 9:30 am
- October 21, 2015, at 9:30 am
or attend one of our Spotlight Days listed above to meet with faculty about our premier programs.
Seniors - want to get a taste of what college is really like? Sign up to become a Colonel for a Day and play shadow to one of our Student Admissions Representative (STAR) students. Go to class, hang out, eat lunch on us and experience what being a Colonel is really like! If your parents plan to bring you they can participate in our Weekday Campus Visit and explore Richmond until your day is done.
Offered only on Wednesdays. Day begins at 8:30 and ends around 2:30.
When you can't come to EKU, we try to bring EKU to you. If you live in one of the following areas attend the Open House scheduled for the date below:
Pikeville Area - Tuesday, September 22 at the Expo Center, 6:00 to 8:00pm
Ashland Area - Thursday, September 24 at the Bellefonte Country Club, 6:00 to 8:00pm
Interested in EKU Honors? This is the day for you! During your visit, you will learn more about Honors, tour campus, have lunch in our dining facility, visit the Honors Living Learning Community in Burnam Hall, experience a sample Honors class, and have your questions answered by a panel of Honors staff and students.
Transfer and Adult Learners
If you are an adult learner or transfer student register for one of our Transfer Visits given by our Student Outreach and Transition Office (SOTO).
We also offer special Group Tours for elementary, middle and high school students. Learn more and sign-up.