Apply for Admission at EKU
Completing Your Application
Please use the following steps to complete your application:
- Submit the Undergraduate Student Application online or contact email@example.com for an application to send by mail.
- Request a copy of your official high school transcript.
- Take the ACT or SAT and have your official test results sent to Admissions.
- Submit your $35 application fee*. Your application will not be processed without this fee. If you're paying your application fee by check, please indicate on the check to whom the fee should be credited and the expected semester of enrollment.
Waived Application Fee*
In an effort to make EKU more accessible, we are waiving the undergraduate freshmen and transfer application fee for Fall 2020 for students who live in our service region or one of the Appalachian Regional Commission counties in Kentucky. We are also waiving the application fee for students transferring from KCTCS for Fall 2020.
The service region and Appalachian Regional Commission counties include Adair, Bath, Bell, Boyd, Boyle, Breathitt, Carter, Casey, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Edmonson, Elliott, Estill, Fleming, Floyd, Garrard, Green, Greenup, Harlan, Hart, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lewis, Lincoln, McCreary, Madison, Magoffin, Martin, Menifee, Metcalfe, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Pulaski, Robertson, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Wayne, Whitley, and Wolfe.
The waived application fee is only for students that have not yet applied for admission. Don't delay and apply for free today!
Please note: The application fee is not required of students seeking admission as a Veteran, EKU Now! or High School Special Admit student.
The Common App
EKU is now a member of the Common Application! Please use this option if you are a new freshman and plan to apply through the Common Application. Click here to submit the Common Application to EKU.
Updating Your Application for Admission
Sometimes plans change. If you have applied for admission within the past 12 months and you now need to change your original application, you do not need to reapply using the full electronic admissions application. Use the Application Update Form to change your original application.
Early High School Graduation
If you plan to graduate from high school early, please review our Early High School Graduation Policy.
After You Apply
- Submit your 2019-2020 FAFSA beginning October 1.
- Send your final high school transcript with posted graduation date to the Office of Admissions following graduation.
- Register to attend New Student Orientation (registration opens February 2020).
- Use the Scholarship Estimator to see what scholarships you may be eligible for!