Skip to main content

Kentucky Residency Application

A list of Student Residency Requirements can be found in the Admission and Residency section of the Undergraduate Catalog.

Once an initial classification of residency is made by the Office of Admissions at the time of admission you may appeal the decision. Request for reclassification must be filed through the Office of Admissions

  • no later than 30 calendar days after the first full day of classes of the fall or spring academic term for which reclassification is sought or
  • no later than 10 calendar days after the first day of class for the summer term.

Requests for reclassification are made in affidavit form by using the Residency Application form.  The form requires a signature and notarization; therefore, it must be printed, signed in front of a Notary, and mailed to the Office for Student Success. Download the Residency Application form.

The Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) has determined that residents of Kentucky pay lower tuition than non-residents (Administrative Regulation, 13 KAR 2:045).