Continuing your educational journey is an important decision, and EKU is committed to providing a smooth transition as you determine the direction of your academic path. Follow the brief steps outlined below as you plan your transfer to Colonel Country.
For details on transferring to EKU, go to the Student Outreach and Transition Office (SOTO) website.
A transfer student at EKU:
- has earned 23 or fewer hours of college work since high school graduation*, or
- has earned or is in progress with 24 or more semester hours at another institution.
To apply as a transfer:
- Complete the EKU online application
- Provide official college transcripts for each institution attended reflecting all coursework attempted or earned. Only credits from regionally accredited institutions will be accepted.
- *Students who have earned 23 hours or fewer of college credits after high school graduation must also provide a final high school transcript and meet the requirements for incoming freshmen. It is recommended to submit ACT or SAT scores for academic placement if you have them as well.
For assistance with submitting the online application or to request a paper application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The scholastic requirement is a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students must be in good academic and financial standing at their previous institution.
Transfer students have many opportunities for scholarships as well as a great out-of-state tuition rate. Check out our Transfer Scholarships & Financial Aid page for more information.