Continuing your educational journey is an important decision, and EKU is committed to providing a smooth transition as you determine the direction of your academic path. Follow the brief steps outlined below as you plan your transfer to Colonel Country.
For details on transferring to EKU, go to the Student Outreach and Transition Office (SOTO) website.
A transfer student at EKU:
- has earned 23 or fewer hours of college work since high school graduation*, or
- has earned or is in progress with 24 or more semester hours at another institution.
To apply as a transfer:
- Complete the EKU online application
- Submit payment for the $35 admissions processing fee.
- Provide official college transcripts for each institution attended reflecting all coursework attempted or earned. Only credits from regionally accredited institutions will be accepted.
- *Students who have earned 23 hours or fewer of college credits after high school graduation must also provide a final high school transcript along with ACT or SAT scores and meet the requirements for incoming freshmen.
- Students who cannot access the application online may download and mail the application (PDF format).
The scholastic requirement is a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students must be in good academic and financial standing at their previous institution.
Transfer students from certain geographic markets entering EKU in the fall of 2017 may be eligible for the new SMART program. SMART can save students nearly $8,000 off the annual out-of-state tuition costs. Visit SMART to learn more.