Continuing your educational journey is an important decision, so EKU is committed to providing a smooth transition as you determine the direction of your academic path. Follow the brief steps outlined below as you plan your transfer to Colonel Country.
A transfer student at EKU:
- has earned 23 or fewer hours of college work since high school graduation*, or
- has earned or is in progress with 24 or more semester hours at another institution.
To apply as a transfer:
- Complete the EKU online application - OR - Download and mail the application (PDF format).
- Submit payment for the $35 admissions processing fee.
- Provide official college transcripts for each institution attended reflecting all coursework attempted or earned. Only credits from regionally accredited institutions will be accepted.
- *Students who have earned 23 hours or fewer of college credits after high school graduation must also provide a final high school transcript along with ACT or SAT scores and meet the requirements for incoming freshmen.
The scholastic requirement is: a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students must be in good academic and financial standing at their previous institution.